Skip to Content
New Form W-4 for 2023Date: January 20, 2023
Time: 01:00 PM ET
Duration: 60 Minutes
Speaker: Dayna Reum
CEU Credits : 1.0 HRCI
This webinar will prepare the payroll professional to understand the changes to the form W-4 for 2023 and to review the recently released draft of the 2023 W-4 Form. Before changes the Form W-4 was a critical form that all companies must obtain from employees and has had special processing requirements. A review of the IRS specific laws around processing of the Form W-4 and how they should be handled will be discussed. 2023 has continued to bring changes that this webinar will review.
Benefit of Attending:
- Understanding the proper way to process a federal W-4
- What should be the proper process for an invalid W-4 in 2023
- Proper processing and maintenance of an IRS lock in letter
- Electronic W-4 requirements and what the new form means for employers with electronic W-4 systems
- Understanding the requirements around Form W-4 and how an employer can be at risk
- IRS Form W-4 change requirements and how it affects you as an employer
- Employer notification requirements and important deadlines for both Form W-4
- Discussion on what make the Form W-4 invalid
- Review and examples on the new ways to calculate federal taxation in 2023
- Best Practices on how employers can better communicate W-4 changes to employees
Who should attend:
- Payroll Executives/Managers/Administrators/Professionals/Practitioners/Entry Level Personnel
- Human Resources Executives/Managers/Administrators
- Accounting Personnel
- Business Owners/Executive Officers/Operations and Departmental Managers
- Attorneys/Legal Professionals
- Any individual or entity that must deal with the complexities and requirements of Payroll compliance issues
Dayna Reum ,CPP, FPC is currently the Director of Payroll Operations at Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago . She has been heavily involved in the payroll field over 18+ years. Starting as a payroll clerk at a small Tucson company, She moved on to be a Payroll Team Leader at Honeywell Inc. During Dayna’s time at Honeywell she obtained her FPC (Fundamental Payroll Certification) through the American Payroll Association. She also received several merit awards for Customer Service and Acquisitions and Divestitures. Dayna is no stranger to teaching she has taught at the Metro Phoenix American Payroll Association meetings and at the Arizona State Payroll Conference. Topics including Payroll Basics, Global/Cultural Awareness, Immigration Basics for the Payroll Professional, Multi-State and Local Taxation and Quality Control for Payroll, international and Canadian payroll.
Dayna has her CPP (Certified Payroll Professional) through the APA. She also serves on the National American Payroll Association on the national Strategic Leadership Task Force, Government Affairs Task Force (PA Local tax subcommittee). Dayna has received a Citation of Merit for her service along with being a Gold Pin member of the APA. Besides her payroll accomplishments Dayna is certified in HR hiring and firing practices and is a Six-Sigma Greenbelt.
This webinar has been approved for 1.0 HR (General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR™, PHR®, PHRca®,SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRi™ and SPHRi™ recertification through HR Certification Institute® (HRCI®).
Copyright © All Rights Reserved 2020 Trupliance